The Pros Of Professional Roach Control In Oklahoma City
August 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you live in Oklahoma City, you have probably seen a cockroach or two running around. These resilient pests can be a real nuisance and can cause serious damage to your property if not dealt with quickly. Brandley Inspections and Pest Control will discuss some little-known cockroach facts, the problems they cause, how to deter cockroaches, and how professional pest control in Oklahoma City can help.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests in the world. They are also one of the most resilient, able to adapt to almost any environment. Here are three things you probably did not know about cockroaches:
- Cockroaches can live without food for up to a month.
- Cockroaches can survive being submerged underwater for up to 30 minutes.
- Cockroaches can squeeze through cracks as small as a quarter of an inch.
These hardy bugs are not easy pests to deal with. If you have them in your home, it is important to act quickly and contact a cockroach pest control professional to prevent them from becoming a big problem.
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
Cockroaches are more than just a nuisance. They can cause serious problems for your home, including:
- Damaging your property: Cockroaches can damage wallpaper, insulation, and even electrical wiring.
- Triggering allergies: If you or someone in your family is allergic to cockroaches, having them in your home can trigger asthma attacks and other respiratory problems.
- Spreading disease: Cockroaches can spread diseases from the bacteria they carry, which include salmonella and E. coli.
- Making you sick: Cockroaches can cause food poisoning if they contaminate your food. This is especially dangerous for young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems.
Cockroaches are not pests to be taken lightly. If you notice any signs of a cockroach infestation in your home, it is important to call a professional pest control service right away.
Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
The best way to deal with cockroaches is to prevent them from getting into your home or business in the first place. Here are some tips for preventing cockroaches:
- Keep your property clean: Cockroaches are attracted to food and garbage, so it is important to keep your home clean and free of crumbs and spills.
- Seal any cracks or openings: Cockroaches can squeeze through tiny cracks and openings, so it is important to seal any that you find in your home.
- Fix any leaks: Cockroaches are attracted to moisture, so it is important to fix any leaks in your plumbing.
- Keep your garbage can clean: Cockroaches are attracted to garbage, so it is important to keep your garbage can clean and empty it regularly.
As you can see, there are several things you can do to prevent cockroaches from getting into your home. However, if you already have cockroaches, be sure to call a professional pest control service right away.
Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control
While there are a number of cockroach control products you can buy at the store, these are not always effective. Here's why a professional exterminator like Brandley Inspections and Pest Control is the best option:
- We have the experience and knowledge to effectively control cockroaches.
- We have access to stronger treatment methods that are not available to the general public.
- We can help you prevent cockroaches from returning in the future.
If you have cockroaches in your Oklahoma City home, Brandley Inspections and Pest Control can help. We've been helping homeowners all over the state get rid of these and other pests since 2008. With our deep knowledge of home construction, we can address bugs both inside and outside your home, keeping them away for good. Contact us today to learn more.