After the treatment is complete, one of our specialists will follow up with you to make sure that everything is as you expect. They will also answer any questions you may have and provide additional resources and advice on keeping your home pest-free in the future.
Oklahoma City Ant Control
Ant infestations can be a frustrating problem to deal with. These small insects have a remarkable ability to infiltrate our homes and establish colonies, causing annoyance and potential damage.
The team at Brandley Pest Control is proud of the reputation we’ve earned in pest management solutions, going back to our founding over 15 years ago. Our skilled Oklahoma City ant control contractors employ state-of-the-art techniques and eco-friendly solutions that are aimed at eliminating infestations and preventing future occurrences.
Same-day scheduling, Monday through Friday, is usually available when you call (405) 296-2470. You can also contact us online to get a free estimate. Reach out today.
The Signs of an Ant Infestation
Identifying the signs of an ant infestation early on can be valuable for effective intervention.
Here are several common signs to watch out for:
Ants leave behind pheromone trails as they forage for food, guiding other members of their colony to the source. These trails often appear as lines or trails of ants marching in a steady stream. You may find them along baseboards, windowsills, countertops, or on food-preparation surfaces.
Certain ant species create sawdust-like trails as they tunnel through wood structures. These destructive ants excavate tunnels and galleries within wooden materials, leaving behind piles of fine wood shavings or frass. If you notice small mounds of sawdust near wooden structures like window frames, door frames, or furniture, it could be a sign of a carpenter ant infestation.
When ants mate and establish new colonies, winged ants, known as swarmers, are released. After mating, these ants shed their wings as they search for suitable nesting sites. If you find discarded wings near windowsills, doorways, or light fixtures, it is a good indication that an ant colony has been established nearby.
If you hear faint rustling or tapping sounds coming from within your walls, it could be a sign of an ant infestation. The sound of ants moving and tunneling through the wood can be audible, especially when the infestation is significant.
The Mounds of Dirt
Certain ant species construct dirt mounds as part of their nesting behavior. These mounds are typically found outdoors, close to the entry points of their underground nests. They may appear as small piles of soil or dirt, often with multiple entrances or tunnels leading into the ground. If you notice dirt mounds near the foundation of your home, in the garden, or along walkways, it could indicate an ant colony nearby.
Our technicians communicate directly with you about the status of your inspection and any future outcomes. We will always inform you of what we're looking for and why and provide fully transparent reports at the end of our process.
Our team will treat the specific pest issues on your property. We use the most up-to-date and effective products and techniques in the industry, always ensuring that we're taking care of your home and family in the safest way possible.
The Risks of an Ant Infestation
Ant infestations can pose significant risks to both human health and property. These small insects are not only a nuisance, but they have the potential to cause serious issues. Your health and your property could be at risk of damage from an Oklahoma City ant infestation:
The medical risks include:
- Allergies and asthma: Ants produce allergens that can trigger allergic reactions in sensitive people, leading to symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, itching, and watery eyes.
- Bites and stings: While most common household ants do not pose a significant threat with their bites, certain species can deliver painful and potentially harmful stings.
- Food contamination: Ants are drawn to food sources. They carry bacteria and pathogens on their bodies, which can transfer onto surfaces and food items they come into contact with.
- Disease transmission: While ants are not major disease vectors like mosquitoes or fleas and ticks, they can still play a role in the transmission of pathogens that can make you and your family ill.
Your home could be at risk for reasons that include these:
- Structural damage: When ants tunnel through wood to create nests, the result can be a weakened structure.
- Electrical damage: Ants are attracted to electrical currents and may nest in outlets, appliances, or wiring systems. The result can be damaged wires, short circuits, and electrical malfunctions.
- Contamination: Ants can infest pantries, cabinets, and food storage areas, leading to contamination and spoilage of food products.
- Aesthetic concerns: The sight of trails, mounds of dirt, or sawdust in and around your property can detract from the overall appearance of your home or business.
“This company is honest, reliable & very reasonable.”“Doug was our technician and was very respectful of our property and our small dog. He did his job professionally & on time. I can recommend them without any hesitation.”- Marilyn M.
“Always prompt. Always polite.”“We have used Brandley for years. Always come back if you have a problem. Randy our tech is great!”- Vicki H.
“I highly recommend Brandley Inspections & Pest Control.”“Brandley Inspections & Pest Control have been a blessing to me when trying to find a company that could meet our needs.”- Alex B.
“Always friendly and professional.”“Brandley’s techs are always friendly and professional. The prices are fair and keep our yard looking great and our home Pest free.”- Sheridan B.
“Technician was courtesy, informative and friendly.”“Chris a thorough and professional job!”- Cheryl C.
“I recommend this company for your lawn care needs.”“Excellent job communicating and excellent job doing what they said they would do.”- Danny H.
“Very knowledgeable!”“Technicians are very knowledgeable and did a thorough job. Love their energy!”- Kjristi M.
“Awesome!”“Josh was very professional and very informative. He was awesome.”- Riki R.