Getting Rid Of Dirty Roaches In Your Oklahoma City Home
March 30, 2023 - Cockroaches
The thought of dirty roaches scurrying around your kitchen and bathroom probably makes you cringe. This is because a good number of these cockroaches boast of being disease carriers and can lead to severe health problems, including asthma and allergies. But before you start scouring your home for these pests, it's important that you know how to get rid of them effectively. Effective pest control in Oklahoma City homes is the key to keeping your family safe and healthy.
Sure Signs You Have A Cockroach Infestation
Whether you've just noticed a few cockroaches scurrying around or you're up in arms because they seem to be multiplying, know that there are some sure signs that you have a roach infestation.
- You see cockroaches walking across the floor and climbing up walls.
- You hear rustling sounds coming from cupboards and crevices in your home, such as under the sink or behind appliances.
- You find the shed cockroach exoskeletons.
- You see small brown droppings in corners, on counters, or in kitchen drawers.
- You notice a musty smell or a bad odor coming from your kitchen.
- You see small reddish-brown stains on surfaces, such as the underside of drawers and cabinets or along baseboards.
If you think you have a roach problem, the next step is to find out what type of cockroach has made itself at home with you. The experts at Brandley Inspections & Pest Control are able to identify the type of cockroach infesting your property and develop a treatment plan to effectively eliminate them.
How Roaches Spread Around Dangerous Pathogens
If you have roaches in your home, you are more likely to become ill. That's because roaches carry a variety of harmful bacteria, viruses, and parasites on their bodies and in their droppings that can make people sick. Here are some key ways that cockroaches can spread harmful pathogens:
- By crawling on food and food preparation surfaces: Cockroaches can spread harmful bacteria by crawling on food and preparing surfaces. They also leave droppings or shed skins in food, which contaminates it.
- By spreading bacteria in their saliva, feces, and vomit: These bacteria can lead to food poisoning and other illnesses.
- By carrying diseases on their bodies: Cockroaches are also dangerous carriers of diseases like salmonella and E.coli which they can easily spread to humans by direct contact.
- By exacerbating allergies and asthma: Cockroaches can also make allergies and asthma worse by spreading allergens around, which can make it hard to breathe.
Just remember, even a little bug problem can turn into a big headache if you don't nip it in the bud. So, take care of it ASAP. If you suspect a cockroach infestation, it's important to get professional home pest control to help you effectively eliminate them.
Why Do-It-Yourself Cockroach Control Often Fails
The most important reason why DIY roach control fails is that homeowners are often unable to tell whether they have a major problem. Cockroaches can be very difficult to detect in the home, and many homeowners don't know that they have a problem until it's too late.
Another reason why DIY attempts at controlling cockroach infestations often fail is that they usually don't get rid of all of the roaches in your Oklahoma City home. While one or two roaches might be easy enough to kill, large groups of cockroaches may require professional treatment or additional measures that you cannot complete yourself.
Finally, roaches are tough little creatures! They are often resistant to over-the-counter cockroach control products. They can also be very difficult to kill, especially if you aren't equipped with the right tools. With professional services, homeowners should expect them not only to kill any existing insects but also to prevent their return for several months or longer after treatment has been completed.
Call The Experts For Total Cockroach Control For Your Home
If you have signs of cockroaches in your home and want to get rid of them for good, call the experts at Brandley Inspections & Pest Control. We can help you get rid of roaches in your Oklahoma City home and prevent future infestations in your home.
We specialize in total cockroach control for homes and businesses throughout Oklahoma City. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in all aspects of pest control, including the identification and elimination of cockroaches. We use only the most effective products available for controlling these pests, so you can be sure that our treatments will get your home back to normal quickly.